Location – Bangalore
Contract – 6 months
Shift timing – 06:00 AM to 03:30 PM and 01:30 pm to 10:30 (rotational shift)
- Trade life cycle
- Settlement Knowledge
- Trade booking knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
Prime Brokerage Operations support the firm’s sales, trading and other business activities and has diverse responsibilities, including:
- Making sure transactions are settled and recorded correctly
- Ensuring that all operational risks are recognized and managed
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Client Service team.
- Continually seeking opportunities for improvement and delivering innovative solutions
An opening has become available in the Prime Brokerage Operations team based in Bangalore. This team supports a variety of functions including the pre-settlement activities for Equity and Fixed income trades executed by Clients Global Prime brokerage clients in the Far East markets.
The role encompasses the control monitoring & follow-up of Pre-matching of trades based on Settlement status in internal systems and liaising with internal stakeholders and/or external brokers to ensure unmatched issues are resolved in a timely manner allowing for smooth settlement.
- Control Monitor and follow up for unmatched trades with internal teams or external parties.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact with counterparties and other operations groups to resolve unmatched issues.
- Daily interaction with Prime Brokerage Client Services Rep / Account Managers as well as Clients across different geographical locations and provide latest updates to them on the unmatched issues, for clients covered by them.
- Review unmatched trades in Clients global systems and take appropriate action. Add pre-matching notes and codes so that Prime Brokerage Client Service Reps or Clients can take necessary action to ensure the trade is matched with counterparty.
- Resolution of Settlement queries from external counterparties, Prime Brokerage Client Service Reps or Settlements teams.
- Escalation to team manager of any risk or client issues
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Quick learner, detail-oriented and a flexible team player who is prepared to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work with colleagues in offshore locations, maintain communication and build rapport with these colleagues
- Ability to provide high levels of client service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great Initiative, Proactiveness, and ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage daily workflow
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Preferably with people management/coaching skillset