“This role will be part of a team of Legal Entity Controllers in Mumbai, and to have responsibility for the financial management of selected entities, reporting locally to a Manager in Mumbai and with functional oversight from management in Glasgow. The candidate will be required to work with staff in Glasgow to help support our business unit colleagues in other Firm offices.
Overseeing the preparation of timely, relevant and value added information on entities and presenting this to senior management, both local and functional, including:
- Review of statutory financial statements
- Review of management accounts and variance analysis
- Validation of US Federal Reserve entity level reporting
- Oversight of monthly reconciliation of accounts and balances
- Co-ordination of all legal entity activity, with key internal experts such as tax, legal etc.
- Implementation of various monthly, quarterly & annual processes for entities managed in Glasgow
Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including: external auditors, Product Control, Company Secretarial and Tax
The role will also require participation in the development of the LEC function in Mumbai, involving:
- Re-engineering and standardisation of processes as required
- Supporting the Business Units in the set up, opening & closing of entities and adapting the entity’s ledgers and system requirements.
- Ongoing entity-specific initiatives and projects
- Contributing to the reporting control framework, ensuring compliance to client requirements and internal policy”