Administer the Treasury Function, meeting the requirements of internal and external customers, whilst ensuring the divisions Cash inflow is maximised.
Manage and supervise the Inter Company Netting transactions process and hedging position of local Business Unit prepare the accounting journals in accordance with IFRS 9.
Preparation and monitoring of cash forecast and monitoring of all receipts and to ensure payments are made in a timely manner to ensure that the Business Unit meets its cash forecast.
To ensure that all transactions are processed in accordance with the MAP Treasury controls for the local Business Unit including the proactive management of banking mandates for new joiners / leavers of the company.
US & Canada Shift - 5:30 PM- 2:30 AM
- Preparing and submitting Hedge Accounting (IFRS 9) on a monthly basis using XL templates.
- Calculate the Foreign Exchange forecast for the Business Unit, on a 12-month rolling basis, and purchase/sell any currency to meet requirements, ensuring that the Business Unit complies with IFRS.
- Ensure the Business Unit meets additional quarterly requirements of IFRS for foreign exchange disclosure
- Communication with Group for local Business hedging requirements.
- Control of bank mandates, including necessary Board Minutes.
- Co-ordination of cash payment runs and their approval and manage the netting process
- Supervise the Payments process of all overseas suppliers by standard / urgent transfers utilizing existing forward currency cover or cash held in currency accounts where appropriate.
- Co-ordinating upon completing Bacs runs and Expenses runs on a weekly basis and Irish payments twice monthly, and co-ordination of cash payment runs and manage the netting process
- As netting co-ordinator for the Business Unit using the application, ensuring all payments due and group deadlines are met.
- Organiser of the Euronetting payments, ensuring they are approved on time.
- Control of forecasting and purchase of foreign currency in accordance with Group Finance Manual.
- Ensure robust controls surround all treasury transactions.
- Ensure intercompany invoices are paid via the netting system in accordance with Group payment terms.
- Complete the actual and forecast information for the Business Unit Treasury KPIs
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Sarbanes Oxley 404 in terms of design effectiveness, operation of controls, and correction of deficiencies.
- Maintain the currency bank accounts for the Business Unit, banking all cheques/cash received monthly.
- Ensure all payments are actioned in line with site controls (MAPS) and with appropriate bank mandate signatures.
- Deal with queries from internal customers/stakeholders, at all levels and with third party banks.
- Bank all cheques/cash received for the Business Unit.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure the Salaries are paid on time.
- Sign off the Bank Reconciliations.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Education (required grade and area):
Graduate Degree level qualification
Nice to have ~
> Relevant treasury / accountancy professional qualification.
Experience (please prioritize and specify required and nice to have):
> A minimum of 3 years' experience in Treasury roles.
> Previous experience of Foreign Exchange and hedging (to include accounting under IFRS).
> Previous experience for cash forecasting and monitoring.
> Strong track record in past Treasury roles
> Experience of working in a multinational company and interacting with group functions, banks and third party-providers.
Nice to have ~
> Experience of SAP environment is desirable.
> Working knowledge of Treasury SOx control framework.
> Process improvement experience.