Reconciliation (Should be flexible for shift)
Ops Control ( Global Rec Utility ) is a new combined reconciliations function responsible for defining and executing Reconciliation services for the Global Capital Markets (CMB) Operations and components of the GTS organization. GRU’s remit includes;
- Building a robust reconciliation control infrastructure
- Providing a centralized centre of excellence for reconciliation services
- Driving a common reconciliation strategy across S&B Operations and GTS
Within the GRU department, this position will work in a team environment and fill the role of Reconciliation Specialist.
The GRU is responsible for the daily and monthly reconciliation of cash and security positions held by bank and our local correspondent and sub custodian network.
The team assigns break discrepancies to the appropriate business areas for resolution. The team prepares daily & weekly MIS to identify the potential exposure for the business.
- Performs a variety of reconciliation tasks with limited complexity
- Exchanges moderately complex information with others
- Works under general supervision and established procedures
- May support a range of products/services
- Applies detailed knowledge of a wide range of specialized administrative/technical skills; and most of the impact is related to the accuracy of tasks performed
- Applies attention to detail and task accuracy
- Understands how duties relate/integrate with others in the team/unit
- Training, both on the job training and presented training courses
- Increased Product knowledge
- Exposure to clients and other departments within bank
- This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to work in a controls environment
- The role will provide a high level of exposure to internal clients and enable the candidate to develop their client service skills This is a necessary requirement for anyone hoping to progress into a more senior role within the Reconciliations department
- The position will also help the candidate to enhance their knowledge of the clients supported within the GRU and their overall knowledge of the industry