The ideal candidate will demonstrate highly effective oral and written communication skills, an ability to work independently on multiple, simultaneous projects, and collaborate with other sourcing managers and business stakeholders across multiple regions on various deals. The role shall foster regional/global consistency where possible, by executing the following key responsibilities.
- Day-to-day involvement in contractual and commercial matters and issues arising within the areas
of responsibility. This will include, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, vendor management and external representation of the sourcing function.
- Knowledge of competitive opportunities within the all assigned categories and identify operational and cost savings to benefit the Firm.
- Working either autonomously or closely with business partners to develop sourcing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors on a local or regional basis.
- Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal business partners whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise.
- Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm.
Shift Time- UK shift with flexibility to work in Asia/ US shift at times when required.
PRIMARY DUTIES (List the major functions, tasks, assignments, and/or responsibilities of the job and the percentage of time involved.)
- Oversee and manage all sourcing activities assigned
- Provide recommendations on sourcing strategy and to advise best practice based on assigned deals
- Solid experience in covering Non- IT Sourcing categories
- Manage the full RFP lifecycle to include drafting the documentation, evaluation/analysis phases, bidder reviews interviews, negotiations etc.
- Review scope documents and agreements
- Ensure appropriate pricing strategy to secure competitive terms for future purchases
- Negotiate with vendors from both a financial and legal contract term perspective
- Liaise with in-house Legal and ensure contracts executed within the project timelines
- Change control assessment and negotiation as required
- Produce weekly activity and savings reporting to FWS Management
- Project status/update documentation in accordance with the Firm’s requirements
- Utilize Ariba eSourcing and other Firm systems
- Carry out financial risk assessment studies and procedural evaluations aimed at forming an independent assessment on project financial status.
- Perform other duties as required
- Align with category lead on project initiatives and execute on country level
Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience 3-7 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation
- Proven success for sourcing in North America and EMEA
- PC Proficiency: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Ariba (Procurement and Sourcing)
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills in English.
- Negotiation skills: ability to negotiate with vendors both financial and legal terms relating to a contract
- Financial analysis; ability to analyze cost/financial information including use of excel pivot tables
- Basic knowledge of multiple Sourcing categories and be able to talk to the stakeholders regarding products and services
- Ability to liaise with Compliance, Legal, Finance and Tax on structuring of deals
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work under pressure
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional stakeholder engagement
- Self-motivated and can work collectively as a team or individually.
- PC Skills: Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Candidate with strong IT & NON IT sourcing experience.
- Contract Reading, Contract Drafting, Contract Negotiations
- Extreme negotiation skills
- Exposure to SAP Ariba tool preferred
- Location: Bangalore
- Education: Min Graduate / MBA
- Contract duration: 1 year
- Fantastic communication skills
- Shift: 02:00 PM to 11:00 PM / Might have to take up US shift but very less possibility