- Perform daily reconciliation/substantiation per procedures, investigating exceptions and determining which adjustments, if any, are needed to correct the books and records
- Liaising with other client teams (in Operations, Technology, Finance as appropriate) to resolve exceptions at root
- Frequent communication and escalation of issues to GOPC managers and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Provide inputs to management information on a regular (e.g. weekly risk reports) and ad hoc basis as required\
- Minimum Bachelor or Masters’ degree
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- Product Knowledge
- Exposure and understanding of Equity and Fixed Income Derivative Products
- Exposure and understanding of Corporate Actions
- Exercises sound judgment and analysis
- Comprehends and reasons - Displays well developed ability to comprehend, reason and process complex data.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail when analyzing or interpreting data.
- Breaks down problems/issues into smaller, more manageable parts.
- Asks appropriate questions to source and validate data in order to support comprehensive analysis; consults subject matter experts where needed.
- Skillfully identifies problems, builds solutions, and applies lessons learned to parallel situations.
- Anticipates problems / obstacles and understands the ramifications to business. Offers workable solutions.
- Demonstrates Commitment to Control and Risk Management
- Escalates clearly and appropriately
- Capable of, or experienced in, meeting daily deadlines
- Capable of, or experienced in, prioritizing multiple tasks when required
- Communicates Effectively
- Capable of open, accurate and concise communication at all times, whether through email or phone
- Confident of communicating across many different areas and across levels
- Technical Knowledge/Experience
- Experienced with MS Office (MS Excel/Access/Outlook etc.)
- Track record of learning or adapting to new technology systems and applications
- Works effectively and builds relationships with colleagues
Willing to perform additional tasks, when required, to help team meet its control goals
Skills Required (Desired)
· Prior experience in investment banking operations or finance
· Knowledge of accounting principles (e.g. understanding of P&L calculations and reporting in banking context)
· Trade booking/flow knowledge