- Someone with Post settlements background
- Trade Settlement
- OTC derivatives
Background on the Team
The Claims utility team processes both incoming and outgoing interest compensation claims across a wide array of asset classes, to recover/and remit compensation owed to/from the firm by various counterparties and meet all the payment obligation in a timely manner. The team works with internal stakeholders and external clients, to ensure timely closure of claims while also safeguarding the firm’s compliance with the industry’s best practices.
There are two sides to Claim process - The Interest Compensation Claims Group (ICCG) & Treasury Market Practices Group (TMPG).
The Interest Compensation Claims Group (ICCG)
Treasury Market Practices Group (TMPG)
This offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn the intricacies of a variety of complex products and functions. Team is responsible for controlling risk by managing relationships with clients and counterparties to ensuring timely settlements and any issues or discrepancies are identified are escalated appropriately and resolved.
The successful candidate will responsible for Claims related functions. The successful candidate is expected to become a Subject Matter Expert in their function and provide support to the Director group.
- Work on day to day Claim Settlement function (FX/ FID/ Equities / Commodities)
- Ensuring timely Investigation and resolution of Claims, both Payable & Receivable
- Subject Matter expert for function and product covered within the group
- Analysis of current processes and identification of process/system to increase efficiencies
- Metrics reporting using Excel
- Supporting applicable Change the Bank and Run the Bank Projects impacting the team, from inception; providing SME support, testing and monitoring into Production and be actively involved in UAT testing.
- Ability to think out of the box and work on identification of process/system to increase efficiencies
- At all times acting as a process owner, accountable for the delivery of work to the highest of standards
Skills required (essential)
- Experience within Settlements or applicable product related role
- Bachelor's Degree
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, organizational, and verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast paced-multi tasking environment
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Flexible working in Shift (Asia or EMEA)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Stakeholder & Desk management skills
- Intuitive thinker who is able to think and plan ahead
- The ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- Be able to handle highly confidential information professionally and with appropriate discretion
- Has the ability to effectively handle a fast paced environment and successfully meet established deadline requirements
- Be self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently
- 2+ years of experience within Settlement or Claims team
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Product knowledge ( Equity, Commodities, FID & FX)