Scope and Purpose of the Role:
The primarily function within the team is the completion of daily tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Reconciliation of Trader’s Risk products and positions to Firm books and records and investigation and resolution of breaks.
- Monitoring of specific system error queues, which require investigation and resolution to ensure the trade flows downstream.
- Reconciliation of Swap Vs Hedge positions.
- Reconciliation of internal interest rate swaps.
- Processing upcoming swaps maturities.
- Investigation and resolution of realised cash flow breaks.
- Production and distribution of swap reporting highlighting specific exceptions that require specific actions to resolve.
- Maintaining swap shells, to include and not limited to schedules, profiles, resets.
The role involves building and maintaining relationships with the regional Middle Office Teams, the Business Unit, IT and other operational support areas to ensure that controls are maintained and breaks are understood and resolved in a timely manner.
- Minimum Bachelor or Masters degree
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail, good organisation skills
- High level English
Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, and/or other relevant applications
Previous Experience Required
- 0-2 years of previous trade support role experience with exposure to trade life cycles and process flows, reconciliation and control functions.
- Exposure to equity swaps or vanilla equity derivatives.
- Experience of servicing and working for and with a global network of people.
- Demonstrates awareness of Control and Risk requirements through proven track record.
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership for role responsibilities;
- Highly committed and self motivated;
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Proactive in identifying process improvements;
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to Equity Derivative products in a demanding and challenging environment. It provides a forum to learn about the equity products, especially Equity and Interest rate swaps with future opportunity to rotate within Derivative Operations.