Shift – 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Key skills :
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in derivative reconciliation
- Knowledge and experience of listed derivatives reconciliation products
- NISM Certified
Background on the Team
Client transacts exchange-traded Listed contracts globally, with trading locations in Europe, North America and Asia. Listed Derivatives Reconciliation supports three regions, with the main teams located in Baltimore, Glasgow, India, Korea & Taiwan.
The Mumbai Reconciliation Group is responsible to ensure all contracts traded on exchange are reconciled on T+1 and publish the breaks if any to the relevant teams. Positions are accurately captured and fully reconciled against exchanges on T+1 across markets located in these regions. Reconciliation scope includes exchange, broker, intercompany and internal account relationships. The function will also continue to evolve, because of the ongoing technology strategy in order to provide a scalable automated processing model.
The primarily function within the team is the completion of daily tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Reconciling MS & Exchange book on daily basis on T+1
- Trades that are executed by client and give Up (Execution only business) to external brokers.
- Monitor matching systems and ensure that all flow matches or clears internally. Any trades that remain unmatched are escalated to the trade support team.
- Reconciliation is performed on position, trade & cash level. All breaks investigated needs to be published to the relevant teams for actions.
- Adhere to client money & Trade support team deadlines.
- Coordinating with Technology on day to day systems issues, raising tickets and follow through until resolution of the issue
- Escalation and reporting to regional/global counterparts/management.
COMMERCIAL/ BUSINESS ORIENTATION
- The team works a split shift system. Therefore, flexibility on start/finish times will be required.
- After the initial training period, the successful individual will expect to work independently and proactively with minimal management supervision.
- Candidate should be a confident, well-rounded methodical person with good analytical skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Task orientated, inquisitive in nature and have an appetite to learn
- Knowledge of listed derivatives products (or at least the concept of derivatives) is an advantage.
- The individual will be expected to learn quickly to acquire the required technical knowledge
- Pays attention to detail – demonstrates excellent attention to detail when analyzing or interpreting data.
- Comprehends and reasons – Displays well developed ability to comprehend, reason and process complex data.
- Breaks down problems – into smaller, more manageable parts.
- Team player skills - to balance and prioritize between day-to-day activities; Works effectively in teams and broader networks to deliver results
- Strong PC /Advanced MS Excel skills,
- Strong communication / networking skills to interact with both internal / external parties
- Proactively escalates breaks and risk issues.