Person should be comfortable doing Java development as well as PROD and Non-PROD support.
- Core Java and Spring basics as a developer
- Java Application L3 support(PROD and Non-PROD), with strong trouble shooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fair knowledge of DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines), Unix Scripting basics.
- SQL, DB2 (or any other relational database)
1. Prior knowledge of Kafka, MQ and another streaming platform would be useful
2. Knowledge of Financial markets, Banking and Wealth Management
3. Experience in working with partners and stakeholders across geographies and time zones
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on development using Java and related technologies
- Design and development of scalable resilient financial systems.
- Produce high quality maintainable code while enforcing development best practices
- Collaborate with other team members through peer programming and code reviews.
- Work in the Agile development methodologies, collaborating with business and technology teams located globally
- Actively contribute and participate in sprint grooming and planning discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile ceremonies
- Take ownership of code components from analysis to development to unit testing as well as production support
4+ years of hands on experience in java and related technologies
- Core Java preferably 1.8
- Java EE
- Spring (core, aspect, boot, batch)
- Web Services (XML, JSON , REST, SOAP)
- Relational databases (SQL server, DB2)
- Understanding of non-functional requirements (security, scalability, reliability)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Working experience of Agile development methodologies and of DevOps integration
- Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Unix/Linux and/or any scripting language (perl, powershell, bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of python is a big plus
- Messaging technologies (Kafka, MQ)
- In-memory databases (Redis)
- Experience working with public Cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management
- Ability to develop proof of concepts/prototypes in the new areas of development
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.