Job Title: Senior Python Engineer, Transaction Monitoring Analytics
Corporate Title: Vice President / Assistant Vice President
The Group Strategic Analytics (GSA) concentrates the Bank's quantitative and modelling expertise within a single unit. With group-wide responsibility for model development GSA takes a cross-business and cross-functional approach to solving complex quantitative challenges.
You will be joining the Trader and Client Controls team within GSA, a team developing and deploying advanced solutions as a Control against trading fraud. The Controls run in a truly global scale, across all products, businesses, and regions that the IB and CB operate in, with the models reviewing millions of trades and transactions every day.
Your skills and experience:
- Lead Engineer either operating as technical lead or directly line managing a development team; developing and mentoring junior team members, assisting in resolving technical blockers, leading the design and development of complex applications
- Excellent programming skills, predominantly across the Python/Anaconda suite (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy), Apache Spark, and data I/O including SQL and database design. Must have previous experience in data engineering with PySpark.
- Engineering data pipelines across distributed, complex datasets in order to get the data in a form in which to apply the model
- Excellent software engineering process fundamentals, i.e. fluent with unit/functional/integration testing, Atlassian suite of software tools, code reviews, pull requests
- Engaging business and stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements, translating these into technical proposals and prototypes, and leading the implementation
What we’ll offer you:
- A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace.
- That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year.
- Your key responsibilities:
- Working across the full spectrum of the development lifecycle – from rapidly knocking out functional prototypes to implementing these in production, and resolving production issues with the engineering and analytical applications
- Problem solving at a globally complex scale – ability to navigate a complex organization in order to identify keys systems and influence people required to deliver the product
- Full-stack development skills providing the ability to take an engineering prototype from inception through to production
How we’ll support you:
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression