- Firm: Cllient is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Cllient can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
- Division: Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit is comprised of Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise
- Team: Credit Review Group: Cllient is seeking a seasoned financial services professional in Credit Review Group within Internal Audit team in Mumbai
- Evaluating accuracy of the internal Risk Ratings – Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD) assigned to the obligors/counterparties of the Cllient global portfolio
- Review credit files and provide an opinion on credit analysis related to the exposure and the product type
- Evaluate credit monitoring practices for adherence to credit policy and procedures and tracking of account-specific or industry-related developments · Analyse portfolio composition to identify trends and provide opinion on portfolio quality · Evaluating completeness and overall quality of credit files
- Active involvement in identifying areas of concerns on the above and communicating the concerns to the senior management;
Knowledge and Skills
- Perform credit analysis (financial statement analysis) of wholesale customers including corporates and financial institutions, along with assigning rating to the borrowers and counterparties
- Basic knowledge of credit products - loans, derivatives and other traded products etc, including ability to evaluate risks and mitigants of facility structures.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, pertaining to lending and credit extension
- Basic auditing skills
- Ability to produce written reports and present audit findings to credit risk managers
- Ability to work as part of a team, and under tight project completion timelines
- Familiarity with basic tenets of general credit policies and procedures
- General understanding of key terms and conditions in credit agreements
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management
- Certifications like CFA, or similar academics would be an advantage Coverage
- Monday to Friday from 12:00PM to 9:00PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA stakeholders.