Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Job Profile: Pharmaceuticals – New Product Introduction (NPI)
Function: Global Procurement
The position will preliminary support pharmaceutical new products (NPI) procurement team with key responsibilities of driving complex negotiations, execution of supply agreements and support the team for procurement of pharmaceutical materials for commercial use.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal stakeholders including legal, category, technical and pharma NPI team to meet procurement objectives.
• Support pharma NPI team to execute legal contracts for long term supply
• Lead and manage contract agreements for pharmaceuticals raw materials
• Ensure adherence to client's contract management policies and procedures
• Identify key contract terms and conditions for categorization
• Negotiate best suitable terms and conditions per organization’s objectives
• Collaborate with contract requestors, other business units and the legal team when preparing and negotiating agreements
• Proofread, edit and fact-check contract documents for completion, consistency and accuracy
• Create, run, and distribute contract information reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
• Adhere to specified timelines
• Other duties related to contracts as required
• Support and back-up other NPI team members, as needed
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Knowledge of current and legally binding contractual language and terminology for long term supply agreements/contracts
• Good negotiation skills
• Demonstrated team-oriented behavior and ability to work with others cooperatively in the resolution of problems.
• Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively in a highly matrix environment
• Willingness to take ownership and accept responsibility for actions and decisions.
• Well versed with MS Office suite of tools
• Medical device, Healthcare or pharma experience preferred but not required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of procurement experience, preferably in pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with legal tool Icertis Contract Management tool is a plus