Skills-Fund accounting, Hedge fund, Mutual funds Background
This Operations group supports the equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative businesses for Client's Investment Management , providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services, portfolio transitions, market registration, product data and performance and attribution analysis. Clients Operations also provides mutual fund support, derivative processing, and counterparty and credit event management.
Background on the Team
The AIP (Alternative Investment Partners) business is the Fund of Funds division of client. AIP provides institutions, foundations, endowments and high net worth individuals with access to diversified portfolios of privately placed alternative investment products.
The position includes Portfolio services responsibilities namely maintaining books and records of the AIP portfolios, Pricing and valuations, fund administration, Client reporting and Documentation.
This position would require the individual to work closely with the local teams in India as well as the West Conshohocken team in the US, also liaise, and interact with various fund houses and their administrators for the performance, reconciliation and investment information, which is received through different sources and in different, formats –emails/websites etc.
The process is manual. The team works in a very time sensitive environment with multiple deadlines and involves in-depth analysis of the returns, understanding of market changes in relation to the performance of funds and complexities of the funds. This data is produced in a platform utilized by the Investment Team to monitor the portfolios with the ultimate goal of providing superior product to our external clients.
There is a robust maker–checker for every step in the process to ensure quality of the data updated.
- Gathering information from various fund houses, Banks, administrators and liaising with them.
- Perform daily, weekly monthly and quarterly pricing with proper due diligence.
- Indepth analysis, calculation of the returns and understanding of market changes in relation to the performance and valuations of the underlying hedge funds or private equity funds
- Reconciling the cash balances daily and performing the required checks when monitoring the settlement of cash transactions.
- Reporting to internal operations teams and communicating with custodian banks about cash transactions
- Reconciling the Holdings with the administrators and investigating break causation, recommend proposed solutions and finalizing the reconciliations
- Review of the NAV packs and Closing packages
- Monitoring various mailboxes for notifications of documents
- Maintenance of agreements and investment documentation in the Document management system.
- Partnering with India and West Conshohocken teams.
- Maintenance of integrity and secrecy of the firm
- Manage risk associated with the job profile
- Involvement in projects related to the job function and liaising with IT on automation projects
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Time management and prioritizing to meet the time sensitive daily deadlines.
Skills required (essential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should have a keen eye for details and accuracy.
- High degree of computer literacy, including working knowledge of Windows-based applications such as Word and Excel.
- An ability to work under pressure and an ability to cope with increased workloads at month-end
- Knowledge of hedge funds, private equity or pricing is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze returns and apply the same appropriately.
- An ability to ‘think outside the box’ and look for creative solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to take a proactive approach to projects and tasks in implementing solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to identify and escalate risk issues to stakeholders
- Organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and manage multiple activities.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and flexibility to adapt to changing needs and requirements.