- The selected candidate will become a Scrum Master of the Digital Core Banking-Platform Squad for Agile Projects.
- The ideal candidate embodies the core values being client focused, lead with excellence, do the right thing, and team oriented.
- The candidate brings knowledge of Agile principles and ceremonies, experiences in collaboration across complex organizations, removing impediments, and ensuring team progress towards their missions and deliverables.
- In addition, the individual will be leading release management activities and responsible for coordinating efforts for the squad.
- Serve as Scrum Master leading Agile teams focusing on projects for Digital Core Banking - Platform Squad.
- Promote Agile culture, values, behaviors, and principles across business, development and testing organizations.
- Create a collaborative team environment; partner with Agile Coach to provide constructive feedback for continuous agile improvement.
- Develop team norms and balance workload for onshore and offshore developers, testers and Product Owners.
- Plan and conduct Agile meetings/ceremonies (e.g., Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand Up, Test Plan and Test Case reviews, Sprint Demos, Retrospectives, etc.).
- Review and manage backlog and in-progress items to ensure the latest work status is captured and updated as appropriate.
- Maintain team metrics and report project statuses (e.g., velocity/burn down charts, financial status, issues/risks, etc.) on a regular basis to Product Owner and to senior stakeholders.
- Take ownership to drive through resolutions of issues or blockers, coordinate directly with other development/product teams on inter-dependencies or through Scrum-of-Scrums ceremony.
- Takes a lead role in overall release management, which includes end-to-end regression test coordination, ensuring SDLC artifact adherence, runbook coordination, and deployment support.
- Oversee Production issues, partner with Product Owner on impact assessment and prioritization of production issues.
- 7+ years experience of hands-on experience in a large complex banking organization or major consulting organization acting in a Scrum Master and project management capacity.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to understand and implement front-to-back solutions.
- Ability to develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents, including identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path.
- Experience estimating resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Ability to proactively manage change in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong familiarity with Agile project management software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Technical background in integration, development, testing, and/or infrastructure is nice to have.
- Minimum BE/BTech degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or a related field.