Client is looking for a Database Developer to join a technologically advanced team focusing on developing and enhancing the Private Banking Group, Sales applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including databases, database interface layers, web protocols and database standards. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities with proprietary system builds.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in DB2/Sybase development.
- Design and development of stored procedures, functions, triggers, tuning SQL queries, database back and restores in the finance technology supporting all lending business lines.
- Candidate must have strong hands on expertise in Big data processing engine like spark, hive and hadoop.
- Work as part of a banking Agile Squad
- Candidate must have good communication skills and have the ability to lead IT deliverables Working in the Agile development methodologies, collaborating with business and technology teams located globally.
- Actively contribute and participate in sprint grooming and planning discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile ceremonies s
- Work with various teams and stakeholders across geography and time zones.
- 3+ years of proven experience in working with large volume databases
- Strong in database and UNIX Shell scripting as well as Data modeling and implementation.
- Hands on proven experience in the Databases Design, Development, SQL, SQL performance tuning (preferably DB2 & Sybase).
- Working knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica.
- Worked on high performance data loads and extracts, performance tuning and optimizing database queries.
- Proven experience of Version Control and Job Scheduling tools.
- Good communication skills, should be able to work across both Business Users and IT teams across regions and have the ability to lead IT deliverables.
- Hands on working experience in agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies like Hive, Spark and Hadoop.
- Working knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management.
- Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.