The ideal candidate will perform software quality assurance testing across banking product domains and is proficient with various automation tools and techniques. The individual should be highly experienced with functional testing, possess good automation testing skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure. The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, create test cases (e.g., unit, component, multi-component), as well as automate and deliver projects. The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications.
- Work on QA processes with heavy focus on execution of automation with various automation tools and techniques
- Understand requirements, create test cases (unit/component/multi-component), automate and deliver projects run on Agile framework
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases following company standards within required timeframes
- Create framework to support quality practices in DevOps and non-functional areas (e.g., security and entitlement testing, component failures, etc.).
- Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions and Agile meetings
- Develop Automation Frameworks, and automate testcases ensuring comprehensive automation coverage
- Develop utilities and customized frameworks aligning with DevOps practices
- Record and document debugging procedures
- Track test metrics, such as test coverage, defect densities, and open defect counts, to gain and share insights about quality issues
- Interact with tech and business teams for test cases review process
- Design tests based on Agile specifications for functionality and expected behaviour
- Stay up-to-date with new testing approaches, tools and test strategies.
- 5-7+ years of proven work experience in QA with an emphasis on QA automation
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in UI automation technologies including Selenium, Protractor, UFT, Junit, cucumber, Gherkin, JMeter etc. and scripting languages including Perl, Python and/or Java.
- 3+ years of experience in API testing and automation
- 3+ years of experience automating end to end tests spanning the whole system from front end to backend/database
- In-depth knowledge of test management software (e.g. ALM, Jira, XRay).
- Proficiency in usage of SQL queries for databases or large datasets.
- Experience in Agile methodology and Devops with Integrating automated tests in Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good communication skills to work effectively in a global team
Unix/Shell Scripting knowledge
Previous Cypress/J meter experience
Working knowledge of kafka & cloud based application architecture and principles
Previous experience in Financial Services
Educational Qualification: Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.