- Specific/ mandatory skills: Payments Processing, Investigations, SWIFTs. Preferred banking background.
- Shift timings: Candidate should be flexible for all shifts including Night and early morning shift.
- Work from Home at present (Yes/No):
The Payments Processing Operator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all types of payments including processing of physical cash/valuables, as well as the handling of cash related investigations. This includes the processing of time-critical, complex transactions on behalf of the Bank’s internal and external clients, cash-related investigations involving enquiries from clients and internal stakeholders on cash payments before and after execution. It often involves time critical, potentially complex or in some cases regulated tasks including interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
The Payments Processing Operator undertakes the complete and accurate capturing of payment transactions including physical cash/valuables transactions, ensuring that all payment-related information and relevant parties are processed according to established Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and industry guidelines. In addition, the Operator should ensure that procedures are properly executed to reduce processing risk and identify potential areas for process improvement whether internally within the Bank or for our clients.
The Payments Processing Operator may also be in direct contact with clients in relation to payment processing offered by the Bank if this is agreed with respective front office functions. They may need to deal with the escalation and remediation of client complaints as well as managing relationships with the front office and other internal and external parties at an appropriate level.
Your key responsibilities
- Process items adhering to procedures and cut-off times.
- Assist the team in the day to day operations. Liaise with the sending location in case of any clarification.
- Communicate to the team all process related clarifications received from the sending location.
- Collate data regarding process issues and communicate the same to the Manager.
- Carry out all the EOD functions as per checklists and maintain the relevant records.
- Ensure that all self-assessment reports and backup papers are signed by the responsible person after checking and the report is countersigned by the Team Manager.
- Maintain a record of all the relevant changes in procedural aspects Collate data regarding changes to the KOP and communicate the same to the Manager.
- Ensure training of new recruits as per the Training Module.
- To ensure proper backups are created within the department
- Escalate issues to supervisors and managers as per the escalation procedure.
- Keep Team Manager advised of the exceptional occurrences, to enable appropriate action..
- Ensure that all procedures laid down for process are adequately followed. Ensure compliance of internal regulations
- To escalate any process related ambiguities to their respective supervisors or manager for clarification
- To communicate all potential business opportunities which have been identified in the course of regular transaction and to assist the management in the efforts for business development
- To achieve the Job objectives set within the timelines agreed.
- Contribution to innovation.
- Contribute ideas with the objective of achieving excellence in service quality.
- Carry out the monthly departmental self-assessments, based on the checklists.
- Ensure that the checking is done in true spirit and evidences all control lapses with suggested actions.
- Ensure all amendments and or updates to the KOP are made on the defined timelines.
· Ensure training of new recruits as per the Training Module.
· Carry out tests or quizzes to assess the trainees
· Maintain all relevant training records.
- Assist the manager in preparation of various team related MIS
Your skills and experience
- Clear understanding of Payments flow
- Well versed with SWIFT
- Risk and Regulatory
- Payments, SWIFT Back office operation, Operation Risk
- Minimum Graduation in any stream.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs