Title and Description of Position
The individual will work as an Associate as part of the global development team, which is spread across 4 MSIM offices. The individual will be responsible for development and support for a number of core systems that are critical to the Equity business.
- Apollo - proprietary order management system and its SaturnV electronic trading engine;
- Phoenix ? proprietary order generation and portfolio manager decision support system
- TDW/Tardis ? A Reporting Datamart.
- FrontLogic Tracker - The developer would also support a vendor based .Net system.
- Integration with vendor trading platforms including Liquidnet, State Street FX Connect, Bloomberg's EMSX and ITG Triton EMS.
- Finally, the developer also participates in department-wide and firm-wide projects in support of the Equity Front Office systems
Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communications. We support what we build - individual will be responsible for post-production support on a rotation basis.
Qualifications - Skill Set
Candidate should have: 5+ years of experience Strong problem solving skills and programming fundamentals.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Core Java (Java 8) and Spring Batch or Spring Boot and Angular or SQL skills
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting and SQL
- Strong understanding of financial markets and various financial instruments with focus on equities
- Knowledge of buy-side trading systems (OMS, EMS), FIX protocol, QuickFIX/J, ZeroMQ would be helpful.
- Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a virtual or global team, strong team player
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Previous experience with Client would be preferable