Background on the Team
Client has been expanding its own fully-owned premier investment banking and sales & trading platform in India, providing a full range of investment banking, sales & trading, fixed income, commodities and derivative products, as well as research services. Building on this existing platform in India, we are looking to invest in establishing a Derivative Operations division that will continue to recognize and match the global need of our clients.
A successful applicant will be part of an exciting opportunity to help onboard and manage the daily processes and work within Fixed Income Derivatives Operations Business, specifically on Trade Support functions.
- Scope and Purpose of the Role:
The role is within the Equity OTC Confirmation area, which is part of the broader Equity Derivatives group under the Derivations Operations umbrella
- - Sending across affirmation requests to clients and making sure trades are executed within the timelines.
- Regular follow ups with clients and using the escalation matrix wherever required.
- Understanding the end to end flow of the process and get into contact with sales and trading, brokers, MO and settlement teams on a regular basis to resolve breaks raised by clients
- Data mining, business analysis, modeling/reporting, and documentation: preparation and
compilation of daily/weekly/monthly metric dashboards to ensure thorough business analysis
- Collaborate with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and
systems knowledge, create best practice methodologies and approaches for business analysis,
issue follow up and escalation
- Develop relationships with clients (i.e., Counterparties, Traders, Origination, Legal, Credit, IT
and Controllers) to understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure that business needs are
met, protect client confidentiality and address ad-hoc requests in a timely fashion.
Knowledge of Equities product(Swaps + OTC options) preferred.
- Understanding of basic lifecycle of OTC products
- Answering detailed queries on specific products including Equity Swaps, OTC Options and Variance Swaps
- Research and resolve documentation discrepancies through proactive communication with internal partners (legal, sales, trading) and external counterparties.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of internal confirmation records versus electronic platforms
- Implement and maintain stringent process controls to mitigate firm and client risk
Skills/Qualifications required (essential)
- Minimum of 3+years Banking Operations or equivalent relevant industry experience with exposure to financial products.
- Previous experience of trade support roles with exposure to trade life cycles, process flows and reconciliation with proven track record in managing and developing control functions.
- Knowledge of derivative products, settlement processes and Drafting systems (thunderhead) is preferable although training will be provided on the job.
- Minimum Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- Strong working knowledge of ISDA definitions is essential
- Proven track record and understanding of operational risk
- Experience in negotiating with clients to resolve language discrepancies
- Strong ability to maintain risk and control while balancing client service
- Time management and an ability to multitask across line and project work
- Ability to deconstruct complex processes into their component parts
- Root cause analysis of reoccurring problems with ability to resolve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to re-engineering existing procedures
- Common sense coupled with a strong analytical and logical approach
- Proactive and aggressive approach to risk management
- Ability to operate as a strong team player able to work efficiently & effectively against aggressive deadlines
- Ability to build strong working relationships with and influence internal partners including trade support, documentation and sales/trading
- Proven track record of Process and People Management.
- Project Management or implementation of global strategic improvements.