Candidate should have EDD screening experience.
Background on the Team
The AML Client Screening team within CRS Operations is responsible for performing following functions:
- Negative News Screening [NNS] - the process of screening clients, their directors & beneficial owners against news media articles / politically exposed person (PEP) lists on regular basis to negate any potential AML / franchise risk associated with doing business with them
- Enhanced Due Diligence Screening [EDD] - the process where accounts identified as high risk are subject to the EDD process. An analyst conducts further research on the client to better assess the risks. Periodic Review is conducted on an ongoing basis to make sure that we are meeting regulatory requirements
- Client sanctions screening - the process to identify whether a recipient or other entity associated with a payment is prohibited under trade or economic sanctions from receiving or otherwise being involved in payments, and / or may pose money laundering or any related risk to the firm.
- Performance of detailed Enhanced Due diligence [EDD] screening reviews utilizing available tools, various third-party and internal databases
- Identify and review client accounts for potential matches to designated sanctions targets and prohibited persons lists
- Identify, communicate and remediate process breakdowns and best practices.
- Ensure that the alerts processed are accurate and completed within the specified time period.
- Recommend enhancements to AML policies or procedures to ensure continuous improvement to overall AML or Screening processes.
- Up to 5 years of Corporate Intelligence, due diligence, and/or Operations experience in the financial or professional services industries preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to apply sound reasoning when delivering services
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise
- Good understanding MS Office product suite [MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel]
- AML experience, client reference data, or client documentation review
Other Required Skills:
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to detail
- Planning & coordinating
- Prioritization and time management
Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM / 2 PM – 11 PM IST. Coverage is dependent on business needs so flexibility on required finish time or full day’s coverage may be required during some Indian holidays