Credit & Market Risk Reconciliation Operation
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Background on the Team
The Credit & Market Risk Operations team is responsible for providing Proof and Control for Counterparty and Market Risk data to the Credit & Market Risk Department, Global Standards and Disclosures and Regulatory Controllers.
It is a Global Team and the Mumbai team will be responsible for supervising and overseeing Credit and Market Risk reconciliations performed by our 3rd party vendor. In addition, the team is responsible for assisting with escalation of issues to appropriate contacts and maintaining control over the Credit & Market Risk Operations processes & US DvP Reconciliation.
The successful applicant will work closely with the vendor management group to understand the manual process and help in creation of automation solutions.
The candidate will operate as a member within a team of individuals working together on a shared
workload whilst reporting into a Team Manager. The candidate will be expected to organize the workload of the team and to be able to contribute to supervising work performed by the team. The candidate will be expected to analyze and improve processes, identify and manage risk and assist managers to achieve automation of manual tasks. As such communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail and a readiness to escalate issues with a sense of urgency are of importance.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Spend time to understand the existing process and identify opportunities to enhance and improve process.
- Assist in building an automated process that will reduce dependencies on manual report and metrics generation.
- Help create a framework of automated solution that will help achieve greater efficiency.
- Identify risk issues, escalate where appropriate and provide assistance in resolving them.
- Ensure upward and peer communication of developments and issues.
- Ensure the team’s SLAs are met.
- Actively seeking out opportunities to improve the teams control framework and ensuring controls are carried out in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Build an understanding of our process and how this links to our clients requirements and the regulatory framework.
- Pro-actively communicate exceptions / issues within our processes which may impact our clients but are out with our immediate scope of reporting.
- Provide periodic updates on project deliverables to team management.
- Must involve in project deliverables as per set deadlines.
- Provide status updates on a regular interval to senior management and project governance board
Given the nature of the function, these responsibilities are not exhaustive and may change to support business requirements.
- Ability to build macros start to end
- Highly proficient in excel with ability to link two or more sheets / programs
- Proven technical expertise in basic Python programming
- Understanding of and implementation experience in machine learning
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, alongside the ability to assimilate, adapt and learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Superb attention to detail, accuracy & quality
- Strong time management and task prioritisation skills. Willing to work additional hours to ensure all deliverables are performed within required timescales
- Strong sense of urgency, accountability and ownership
- Focus on guardianship, ensuring that issues are identified, escalated, resolved and reported on a timely basis
- A positive outlook, energy and enthusiasm. Is a self-starter who takes individual ownership for work quality and improvement. Leads by examples working with drive and determination
- Ability to work well under pressure, lending control and order to a difficult or pressurised situation
- Ability to absorb information and learns quickly
- Innovation and creative skills, challenges the existing processes and status quo.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
The following skills would be advantageous, but not essential, for candidates applying for this role.
- Knowledge of Market Risk Theory and Concepts
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity & Commodities Products
- Knowledge of Firm Trading, Operations and Finance Systems