As a controller you will be a member of the P&L production or Liquidity reporting team supporting one of the ISG business units, viz. IED, FID, and Commodities. The P&L production team is responsible for the daily reconciliation and reporting of P&L, additional weekly and monthly reporting to support the Business Unit and senior Finance management and also the provision of analysis to support the Business Unit Finance leads. This is a high profile role, which requires the individual to work closely with colleagues across the global organization in Finance, Operations and the Business Unit.
More specifically the successful candidate will:
- perform daily reconciliation of the Risk systems attributed P&L to the Reporting system
- identify and investigate breaks
- escalate issues in a timely manner to management
- prepare daily P&L reports for distribution to the business unit and finance managers for review
- undertake daily analysis and substantiation of new trading activity to report and/or for discussion with the BUC’s and or Ops/BU
- understand the businesses supported including the strategy, products and inherent risks.
- understand the risk & reporting systems and contribute to enhancing the control environment.
- Contribute to Finance related projects, process enhancements, UAT testing etc
- Other P&L related tasks and requests as required. The Internals Control team is responsible for reconciling and controlling all Internal OTC Derivative trades booked within ISGF business. The successful candidate will need to reconcile and escalate breaks, and work with line P&L controllers across the regions to resolve these breaks.
- Strong academic background including a Graduation in Commerce, specialization in Financial Accounting
- Prior Business Unit/ Product control experience with a knowledge of financial products
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines