Job Description – Associate – Security Settlements
The Mumbai Security Settlements team is hiring for an Associate position. The Security Settlements team is responsible for ensuring the firms Fixed Income and Equity security transactions successfully settle on contractual settlement date and in accordance with trade details as booked in the firm's system. Further, the team is responsible for ensuring the books and records for the firm agree with the external banks and depository's records. The role is critical to minimize the cost of secured fails in light of new fees and buy in costs associated with CSDR.
The team has diverse responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Settlements specialist and manages the settlement process for global markets.
- Partner closely with the various Operations teams, Business Units and Agent Banks, in order to maximize trade settlement whilst minimizing financial, franchise and regulatory risk to the Firm and Firm Clients.
- Support escalation & issue resolution for the function.
- Partner closely with Business Units in enhancing our client service levels and support for new business development. Identifies and develops value added solutions that support clients' needs.
- Effectively manage the divisions control environment by balancing risk with commercial opportunities.
- Drive review of the controls and processes in order to reduce operational and client risk.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and strive for delivery of commercial initiatives.
- Work with team management and global counterparts in support of the strategic agenda for Security Settlements.
- 6 years experience in a Security Operations role with the last 3 years in any of the below functions.
o Security settlements for equity and fixed income, preferably EMEA markets.
o Middle office for equity and fixed income.
o Trade processing for equity and fixed income products.
o Client service supporting equity and fixed income products.
- Understand trade life-cycle and the front to back functions.
- Proficient in MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Confident, Self-motivated and has a drive for results
- Ability to contribute in a high intensity and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Operate with minimal or no supervision.
- Desire to work in an environment strong in teamwork, commitment and excellence.
*** HM is Looking for Securities Settlements experts who have managed preferably EMEA markets.
Overall 5-6years, with 2 years exp in Settlements.
Some project exp is big plus.
Products supported – Equity and or Fixed income.
Business units supported – Prime brokerage, Cash equity, Agency, Wealth management, Repo desk, Stock loan.
Keywords – Securities Settlements, Crest, Euroclear, T2S, CSDR, MT54x (MT540, MT541, MT542, MT543, MT544, MT545, MT546, MT547, MT548) , Equity Settlements, Bond Settlements, Stock Loan, Exchange Trade Funds
Target Firms – CS, UBS, JPM, GS, BofA, DB, Barclays, RBS/Natwest, State Street, Accenture, Wipro etc.
Asia / Latam/US Settlements
Securities Operations, middle office, client service.
Incorrect keywords: Spots, Forwards, Swaps, CDS, TRS, Options, Rates /Credit Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, FX settlement, CLS, MT103/MT202, NAV Calculation, Reconciliation