Candidates having adequate knowledge on Financial products – Equity, Fixed income, Mutual Funds, Asset management industry, Knowledge on Excel ( atleast basic).
Client Investment Management, together with its investment advisory affiliates, has $482 billion in assets under management or supervision as of December 31, 2017. Client's Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Background on the Team
The position would be responsible for performing Portfolio and Client Reporting function for Investment Strategies across Client IM. While preparing and delivering reports for the clients’ remains the core responsibility, there are other tasks as well which form part of this role. These include replying to client enquiries, request for data/reports from the Investment team, Sales team, Clients, etc.
The Reports prepared could range from very simple, standard reports which are mainly automated (system generated) or highly customized (complex) reports dictated by the clients which can be quite manual in nature. The form in which they are delivered could be excel files, pdf files, word document, power point presentation and other such medium. Some of the common report types are Performance files, Positions/Holdings, Transaction Reports, Asset Compositions, Ratings Breakdown, etc. All reports must be delivered as per the frequency agreed upon (monthly, weekly, quarterly, etc) and as per the deadline set. The deadlines could even be on demand.
This position would require the individual to work closely with functional teams in other regions and involve liaison & interaction with global stakeholders including portfolio managers, actual clients, etc
- Reporting to Internal and External clients - production, handling queries & data requests
- Maintaining a task list and following up with other teams responsible for data /reports sourced from them
- Tracking each deliverable per the deadlines set and ensuring no lapses occur
- Following maker & checker process for each deliverable with zero tolerance for inaccuracy
- Periodic Risk and Exception reporting to senior management
- Involvement in projects related to the job function
- Following up with IT for any development needs or issues raised with the current reports
Skills required (essential)
- Well versed with MS office – Outlook (Email Management), Excel (Sql, writing macros, Lookup, Formulas, Pivots etc.), Word & PowerPoint – Can we re-word as Well versed with MS office – Outlook (Email Management),Word, Power point and Excel( Basic functions, formulas like Look up, Pivots etc.). SQL and writing Macros would be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of various financial products its performance & cash flows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, accountability, ownership.
- Ability to follow-up & work with teams at off-site/remote locations.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the business they support and client requirements.