We are looking for a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience, preferably working in the financial IT community. The position in the Lending team is focused on delivering exceptional services to both Business Unit and Developer partners to minimize/avoid any production outages. The role will focus on production support within the automating deployments and working with the agile teams to build and support stable and reliable production systems. The ideal candidate will be passionate about automation and skilled in one of the programming language Python/PERL/SHELL, Ruby, JAVA, C# or similar language. Candidate should possess a strong understanding of database concepts, job scheduler, MQ, Web services, UNIX/LINUX/Windows OS as well as experience with debugging applications. We are looking for a team player with excellent communications skills who is committed to continuously improving and delivering results. Candidate should be organized, disciplined, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and delivery-focused.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Need to work closely with support/development teams to design, build, and maintain systems.
- Troubleshoot both non-prod and production issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application, and network.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services.
- Represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
- Help design and implement telemetry and statistics gathering to locate areas of the plant where effort needs to be focused to make improvements.
- Maintain applications once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health with a focus on business activities and continuously evaluate cost and waste.
- Work closely with Application Development to ensure that the support team has excellent knowledge of the application set, own and maintain support knowledgebase and documents.
- Be flexible to provide weekend on call rotation and attend calls with other team members from other time zones.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Automation-related experience using one of the following scripting languages: Python or Perl or Shell.
- Strong database skills with DB2, Sybase or Oracle.
- Hands-on experience with LINUX/UNIX.
- Practical experience on Agile Methodology (e.g. Scrum).
- Awareness of, and ability to reason about modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes, micro services, Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud based deployment, security, networking concepts in Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of Autosys or other batch scheduling software.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on with monitoring tools like Splunk, IP Soft, Sockeye.
- Knowledge or experience with automating deployments using Jenkins, Train or Windeploy.
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.