Job Title: Regulatory Operations Operator
- Top 3 mandatory skills: Banking / Finance, Payments, SWIFT, Sanctions Filtering, Operations
- Preferred skills: Payments, Sanctions Filtering
- Open to consider fresher candidates (Yes/No): No
- Experience range: 6-12 months
- Project duration: 6 months
- Shift timings: Rotational
- Number of days work from office: 5
Bank Group and its staff are committed to compliance with all applicable laws and official regulations in the respective jurisdictions. Restrictive measures under sanctions and embargoes are usually implemented by means of statutory regulations. The sanctions and embargoes program is aimed to ensure that Bank Group and its staff fully comply with all sanctions and embargoes regulations in force in the respective jurisdiction. For this purpose, Bank established a global organization with dedicated rights and responsibilities. Bank’s Sanctions & Embargoes Program has been implemented globally and throughout all business divisions via the Embargo Policy - Bank Group and the Special Risk Country Policy Bank Group.
The Service Operations (Operations) Profession is responsible for the delivery, oversight and management of functional teams undertaking operational and transaction-based processes, working within agreed policies, procedures, Key Performance and Risk Indicators. Operations objectives include designing and implementing a robust control environment that allows and drives efficient and effective processing. The environment should ensure we meet regulatory requirements and can verify the completeness and accuracy of all transactions and operational processes. The objectives include operational assurance on the integrity of the books & records and deliver effective service to our clients. Operations develop and maintain effective relationships across client and partner groups.
The RTB Reviewer are primarily responsible for the appropriate review, confirmation and decision-taking on stopped messages to confirm mismatches for release from the transaction filtering process in line with applicable Sanction regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Your key responsibilities
- Support the RTB team lead in protecting Bank from legal, regulatory and reputational risk with regard to business involving sanctioned entities and / or countries.
- Ensure diligent review and confirmation of transactions that require escalation to a Level 2 investigator and decide on these in full compliance with the applicable Sanctions regulations and the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Execute internal control checks as defined in the KOP documentation and Embargo control framework documents governed by AFC Sanction & Embargo.
- Support any applicable reporting obligations to the competent authorities with respect to transaction handling.
- Convert timely the update of the relevant embargo lists in respective filtering systems – implement the data to central and decentralized tools in GT and Operations.
- Support CoC Regulatory Filtering team on the adoption of new clients.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Primarily review stopped messages and take a decision on them (either pass or investigate), based on limited set of rules provided and maintained by AFC.
- Record rationale for decision from pre-defined set of options.
- Seek feeBankack from more senior investigators/reviewers, where their decisions fail the four-eye control.
- Provide support feeBankack loop and filter optimization by identifying repeat mismatches to propose Good Guys.
- Use user access privileges only for authorized purposes; actively safeguard sensitive and confidential information.
- Supports TSMO / AFC related change projects
- Supports remediation actions owned by TSMO / AFC
Training & Development
- Participate Trainings such as on HotScan, Sanctions policies, L1 procedures, specific payment types, including structure / form of messages.
Your skills and experience
- Sanctions and Regulatory Filtering
- SWIFT Message Format and Fields
- SWIFT Payment Flow
- SEPA Message Structure and Payment Flow
- MS Office (MS Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Proficient in e mail communication
- Good communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to support rotational shifts
- Ready to support on weekends