- The ideal candidate will develop quality software across banking product domains and is proficient with various Mainframe development tools and techniques.
- The individual should be experienced with COBOL/JCL, DB2 including modelling and performance tuning, possess good problem solving skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure.
- The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, develop high quality code and deliver projects.
- The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications.
- Core to our culture, work as part of a global multi-discipline team (BA, DEV, QA, and Infrastructure).
- Create high quality code while adhering to development best practices.
- Ensure developed code is in alignment with system architecture and integration design standards;
- Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
- 5-7 years of hands-on mainframe development experience
- Hands-on technical experience delivering solutions using technologies including: COBOL, JCL, DB2
- Proficient with DB2, including modelling and performance tuning
- Understanding of the critical aspects of major transactional production systems; scalability, reliability, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with optimization of mainframe processes
- Knowledge of the Waterfall and Agile SDLC
- Development within an Agile framework.
- Strong familiarity with Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to take ownership of the tasks assigned and work independently. Willingness to learn and grow.
- Prior experience working in the Financial Services Industry
- Working knowledge of distributed programming languages
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.