Over to 4 to 8yrs exp
Level 2 support
Java, SQL, Unix and Oracle
BFSI domain Preferred
24/7 Support role
Ready to work on Payments and Banking application
Candidate should have their own system. Company will give virtual access.
This requires a person to understand the issue, well versed with communication so there should be no articulation issues.
GBAM Banking Production Services
Role Description – Application Production Services Specialist (Production Support Role)
Application Production Support for the Client's Global Banking Applications, primary responsibilities are identification and resolution of production incidents. Problem Management post incident resolution to determine root cause, mitigating actions, drive and track permanent resolution. Management of incident and problem tickets through the enterprise ITSM tool.
The role also includes
- Capacity and Performance Management.
- Working with development teams for take-on and training of new services or significant upgrades.
- Providing support for Audits (internal and external).
- Stakeholder management, working closely with Business and Operations partners to understand KPI metrics to measure service stability to prioritize defect fixes and enhancements
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, ITIL, Release Support, Technical Implementations, or equivalent)
- Demonstrate flexibility, navigate ambiguity, and quickly establish credibility among technical peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Proven knowledge in some or all of the following: Java/J2EE – Core Java, JDBC, EJB, & Java Web Services & Experience in Server-side technologies - SOAP/Restful services, XML/XSLT, XML, JDBC, AOP, MQ Micro Services & MuleSoft.
- Good knowledge of Middleware components such as Message Broker, IBM Websphere MQ, JBoss application server, MuleSoft
- Strong operating system knowledge in Unix and Windows including strong scripting skills
- Experience with Database technologies (examples Oracle, DB2 and PL/SQL ) queries to support incident resolution.
- Knowledge of event driven and schedule driven batch processes
- Experience of handling various production support roles (technical – L1/L2/L3) and hands-on experience in using at least 2-3 widely used monitoring / scheduling tools
- Ability to be part of IT production support team providing front-line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Incident / Problem Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring & Production Governance
- Experience troubleshooting, analysis, research, and resolution using advanced query, programming skills, conduct root cause analysis, and identify mitigations/risk
- Experience with real-time restoration, triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period
- Ability to work closely with Technology Infrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated / Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades, etc.
- Ability to assess initial severity, gather impacts, engage necessary supporting teams, and escalate as necessary to ensure timely restoration
- Experience with on call support for triaging problems, coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management
- Ability to communicate with all lines of business and management the overall status and health of the application, contribute to automation, causal analysis, develop shared/common solutions, and proactively identify cross-functional or technical issues
- Ability to suggest, implement ideas for enhancing the customer"
- Working on some weekends and bank holidays as part of a 5 day week shift pattern
- Leads End-to-End maintenance responsibility of all production services related to technology. Work activities specific to Production Shared Services include: Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management.
- Actively engage and lead production support issues/incidents. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution.
- Ensure production and performance SLAs are met and escalate issues which needs attention.
- Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision.
- Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Shared Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, process improvements, standards and procedures.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests.
- Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques.
- Resolves complex issues. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Support of on-call rotation for off-hours and weekend support as needed.
For SWIFT roles additional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience support SWIFT Alliance Access and SWIFT Alliance Gateway Applications. Ideally in a production support role
- In depth knowledge of SWIFT protocols (FIN/Interact/FileAct/Browse/RMA) and Market Infrastructures; messaging formats (MT/MX and ISO20022); PKI certificates. SAA Routing and Message Partner configuration and setups
For Mainframe roles additional experience
- 5+ Years Hands on experience in (COBOL) developer experience in following COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, MQ Series, Easytrieve
- Experience in Endeavor, IBM problem determination tools such as File manager, Fault analyzer
- Exposure to IMS DB/DC, REXX
- Experience with banking or financial industry