Operations Risk and Regulatory Control (ORRC)
Location: India, Mumbai
Shift Timings: 10:30am to 7:30pm (Candidate should be flexible)
Operations Risk Group (ORG) is a global risk function within Operations Risk and Regulatory Control (ORRC) to ensure risk governance and reporting, promote risk culture, maintain/ enhance operational risk and control framework.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The ORG Associate will be reporting into the India ORG lead and will be responsible for the following:
- Support operations by developing, collecting, publishing, and analyzing an integrated set of key risk and performance metrics in centralized RRCOE (Risk Reporting Center of Excellence) team for various stakeholders
- Understand KRI/KPI and Depth Charts for all Silos across operations
- Perform Volume and growth analysis
- Review reports for regulatory reporting
- Demonstrate a good understanding of risk issues and initiatives
- Support Operational Risk Governance and Reporting including but not limited to internal incidents, audit/ inspection findings, issues & actions, depth chart reviews, NPA, CORR, etc.
- Review internal risk incidents and liaise with various functional lines to ensure complete and accurate information is captured including themes, what went wrong, impact types, control failures and action plans
- Conduct thematic analysis on risk, control, root causes from incidents, audit/ inspection findings across Operations and identify lessons learned.
- Identify control gaps and remediation; develop risk/ control framework and best practices;
- Develop and coordinate Risk & Control self-assessments
- Escalate any identified/ perceived risk issues to senior management where appropriate
- Help promote risk culture through regular communication and sharing, risk identification and assessment, training, metrics and reporting, audit/ inspection coordination, etc.
- Manage and coordinate risk projects with the Operations risk community
- Manage and coordinate audit/ inspection with various functional lines
- Provide management update to Operations Management on risk program initiatives
- Maintain stakeholder relationship with functional lines and other internal counterparts such as Firm ORD, TIR, IAD, Compliance, etc.
Requirements, Competencies & Attributes:
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in Operational Risk Stream
- Strong Operations functional knowledge and experience
- Strong Communication Skills. Effective interaction with others across departments and regions
- Strong Execution skills. Partner with “risk community” or “line managers” to timely execute risk initiatives and be able to deliver satisfactory output.
- Good writing skills with experience in writing management summary, audit summary or operating procedures
- Good understanding of Banking and Financial rules & regulations
- Strong mindset of risk and controls
- Attention to details
- Strong Analytical skills
- Work independently
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good experience in audit, compliance or internal controls is a plus
- Excellent MS excel Skills is a plus
- Knowledge on tools like IMRS, Tableau and Powerbi
- Basic knowledge on SQL