Job title: Trade and/or Transaction Operator
Location: Yerwada, Pune
- Specific/ mandatory skills: Capital market experience
- Open to consider fresher candidates (Yes/No): No
- Experience range: 8 months to 2 years
- Project duration: 8 months
- Shift timings: 30 to 10.30pm or 2.30 to 11.30pm
- Number of days work from office: 3days
- The ECM Trade Support team looks after the ECM Middle Office Operations.
- The resource will need to work in partnership with our clients, sales and trading to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed, and processed in a timely manner. Provide support to our front office equities trading desks and also act as a point of contact for internal front/back-office enquiries.
- A comprehensive understanding of securities
- Front to back trade lifecycle experience
- Demonstrate awareness and procedures to mitigate operational risk, escalate appropriately
- Trade amendments and booking reversals of trades
- Liaison between Front Office and all supporting functions
- Work in partnership with our clients, sales and trading to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed, and processed in a timely manner
- Provide support for front office equities trading desks.
- Work closely with technical teams to improve trader experience.
- Focused work with zero tolerance controls and strict deadlines.
- Ability to build good relationship within the team and Front Office trading and management
- Strong appreciation and value of STP and of IT solutions to reduce processing and improve controls
- Ability to multitask, to be flexible re tasks and accommodate varying levels of volume and complexity without deterioration in task quality
- Act as point of contact for internal middle/back-office enquiries.
Primary Working Relationships:
- Direct relationships with the front office / back office colleagues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the globe in Front, Back and Middle Office
- Strong working and open relationship with local management
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- At least Four years in an operational support position.
- IB Equity Operations experience preferred, essentially in Trade Support functions
- Experience working within algorithmic trading highly beneficial.
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
- High level of product knowledge in Equities
- High level of knowledge of middle office and back office systems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Innovative - constantly identifying gaps in process and to seek improvements
- Ethics and Control must have good work ethics and risk / control mind set.
- Communications ability to communicate effectively within the team and Front Office
- Collaboration ability to work well with others especially in day to day resolution and escalation of issues.
- Bachelors (Any Stream) / Masters. Financial stream preferred.
- Strong team player within the department
- Able to work with strict deadlines throughout the day
- Displays insight and ability in identifying issues and helps to develop successful solutions
- Takes accountability for own actions and seeks aide from management when appropriate
- Expected to develop credibility and a good reputation and demonstrate integrity with clients and colleagues