The Trade Completion team is looking for a developer to join the dynamic environment of the global Trades Enrichment Area. We are looking for a technically proficient java developer that will work on creating new applications and enhancing existing applications for the TC application team and work with global partners in business unit and Operations areas. The candidate will be involved in working on cutting edge technologies and work on implementing and solving business problems with the latest suite of java-based tools and technologies. Candidate will have exposure to all regions of MS IT offices globally and interact with all levels of management and users in the company.
Primary requirement is to be proficient java developer. Candidate should have knowledge of cloud technologies and should have experience in solving Big Data problems. Additional nice to haves are UNIX / Linux, experience with relational Databases such as Sybase and DB2/Linux, Java Spring, Perl, Shell Scripting, FIX, MQ, and XML/Soap. Candidate must possess excellent verbal. written and presentation skills and be comfortable interacting with senior members of development team and with our partner users and stakeholders in the business areas. Candidate must also possess good problem-solving skills and the ability to think on their feet.
- Strong core java
- Hands on experience in cloud technologies and microservice architecture
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Perl/Shell)
- Multi-threaded programming
- Strong debugging skills
- Design Patterns
- Ensure quality control by performing both automated and manual testing on deliverables; including performance tuning & stress testing
- Team oriented and can work well within a global collaborative model
- Be comfortable expressing your ideas in meetings, design sessions, etc.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills that are coupled with strong communication
- Self-sufficient and show ability to lead given the opportunity
- Familiarity with data modeling & database management (e.g., SQL, Sybase, DB2)
- Understand messaging interfaces (e.g., XML/DTD structure)
- Exposure to CI/CD and Test Driven Development
- Understanding of Equity and/or Fixed Income trading lifecycle
- Working knowledge of FIX Protocol