Java Full stack + UI Angular + Good Problem solving skills
We are looking for a full stack java developer to join our Derivatives Operations Tech team. The candidate will work with the Project Development Manager, Development Lead, our business partners and various other technology groups within and outside of Morgan Stanley to develop new technology solutions and enhance existing applications to support the full range of Derivatives Operations functions.
The right candidate:
- Can work independently to design and develop new functionalities and modules with latest technology stack
- Has excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Can coordinate with technology, and QA teams to analyze business and non-functional requirements
- Is familiar with SDLC and development practices and has worked in an agile development team.
- Can produce appropriate project artifacts and documents that may include high level, and low-level designs
- Is enthusiastic and a team player
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and design patterns
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strong programming experience in Java 8 with excellent knowledge of multithreading and collections, i/o, regular expressions, garbage collection
- Strong programming experience in Spring and spring boot.
- Strong experience in building RESTful services and servlet containers like tomcat or jetty
- Strong experience developing UI with Angular, typescript with knowledge of hosting/deploying to web servers like Apache
- Database systems such as Sybase/Oracle/MySQL with experience using an ORM like Hibernate
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering is required.
- Excellent communication skills
Good to have skills:
- Performance tuning and scaling web applications
- Messaging system or Pub/Sub such as IBM MQ or Kafka
- Linux or Unix
- Experience in NoSQL databases a
- DevOps practices like CI/CD
- Production Support experience