Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations
ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Client on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
Prime Brokerage Operations in Glasgow supports both the Prime Brokerage (NY) and International Prime Brokerage (LN) Business Units, across both Equity and Fixed Income products. It is a hugely diverse and dynamic department covering a wide range of functions/responsibilities from trade capture and clearance through to settlements and reconciliations. The teams liaise with various internal and external counterparties on a daily basis, including the business units, hedge fund clients, brokers, stock loan, controls, corporate actions, network management and settlements. It is a high risk, exciting environment where the teams have to work to tight deadlines, which are both client and market driven.
As the demands of hedge funds have evolved, so too have services provided by the Prime Broker. Today, client's Prime Brokerage supports clients across a wide range of trading strategies from the more traditional equity long/short to credit strategies where the fund manager is trading credit default swaps, index futures and global distressed debt.
The candidate will need to work closely with Global Stakeholders including the Prime Brokerage Desk Assistant teams, Prematch and Fails, the Business Units and senior management across the firm.
· Liaising/communicating with Global stakeholders and various operational groups
· Identification and timely escalation of risk items to management
· Planning and organizing of project, initiatives and team testing
· Providing reporting /information to management and key stakeholders
· Ensuring procedures are implemented, are accurate, relevant and complied with across the team
· Proactively contribute towards the drive to improve process efficiency through root cause analysis
Skills required (essential)
· Candidate should have a strong background in Financial Services within Operations
· Ability to manage and priorities workload and work to deadlines
· Proactive & flexible team player
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to understand, interpret and map complicated process flows
· The utilization of analytical and investigative skills to a successful conclusion
· An understanding of risk management and escalation
· The ability to establish and build effective working relationships with local and global colleagues
· Experience preparing team procedures and assessing/implementing team controls
· Knowledge of the full Cash payment process & Trade flow from Execution to settlement for the market & the client
· Strong background in Financial Services within Operations
· Proven track record of successful project implementation
· Client Service Experience & management
· Experience of costing models based on exception management