Top skills :
Python developer (Core python), Complex data analysis, SQL, Finance & credit risk domain experience
Role Title: Python / Perl Developer
At Client, we advise, originate trade, manage, and distribute capital for governments, institutions, and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments—Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking & Operations Technology (GBOT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm’s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. GBOT offers technology solutions for bank’s Investment Portfolio, a multi-billion fixed income trading desk dealing across multitude of asset classes. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex probleClient and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, GBOT is the place for you.
We are seeking a Python Developer with expertise in design and development of data and ML centric applications at scale. The right candidate would have a background in data engineering and requisite familiarity and experience working with Machine learning (ML) algorithClient and Frameworks. The role is a confluence of engineering (programming), data analysis. Knowledge of Data Science is a plus. This position is for Credit Risk and Regulatory Reporting enables Credit and Finance departments to closely monitor regulatory Climate and Credit Risk for wealth management lending products like Residential Mortgages, Securities-based lending, Options, FX Forwards etc. and report to regulators based on Basel framework.
Candidate will work as part of an Agile squad and interact with other squad members as well as external stakeholders including business and technology partners (local as well as global) across Wealth Management, infrastructure team, architecture team to deliver the objectives.
- Understand business processes, a bigger picture and core ideas behind the developed software.
- Conduct data model, architecture, and integration design review sessions. Support business analysts and developers with data subject expertise, query building and optimization
- Educate and evangelize application teaClient of the best practices on query building and optimization, data modeling and design
- Develop a thorough understanding of the data definitions, domain values, data relationships, business rules, sources, and data integration for each subject area
- Advocate and advance toward cutting edge engineering technologies.
- Selecting features, building, and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systeClient
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Run projects in Agile way.
- Experienced professional with 5+ years of experience developing and implementing applications in Big data ecosystem i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive / Impala, or any other similar distributed computing technology and programming languages like Python / R.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Panda, Numpy, Weka, MatLab, etc
- Proficiency in data analysis using complex and optimized SQL and / or above-mentioned technologies. Proven experience of working with Relational Databases
- Excellent understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning algorithClient like linear and logistic regression, classification, decision trees etc.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Ability to work in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
- Previous experience in working with global teaClient
- Proven experience in working within an Agile framework
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently and work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Ability and strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, tools. and platforClient quickly
- Data Analytics in Finance / Credit Risk domain.
- Exposure to Regulatory Reporting and Credit Risk.
- Prior experience in Banking and Financial domain.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or another technical field.