Role Title: Senior Data Analytics & Data Warehouse Developer
At Client, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions, and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments. Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking and Operations Technology (GBOT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm’s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages, securities-based loans, and tailored lending. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex probleClient and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, GBOT is the place for you.
We are looking for a lead developer to support Wealth Management Risk reporting requirements through data warehouse, data lake and analytical solutions. The candidate will be working with multiple traditional database systeClient (i.e., Teradata, SQL Server, DB2) as well as Cloud systeClient (i.e., Azure, Hadoop DataLake, Snowflake). You must love building robust and resilient systeClient and enjoy precise nature of technology in finance. This role demands continuous learning in business, technology and management, personal excellence, and resourcefulness.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow and develop diverse data and analytics engineering team by providing technical and professional guidance.
- Lead system design and development.
- Solve complex engineering probleClient, database recon, and quality control.
- Understand business processes, bigger picture, and core ideas behind the developed software.
- Define engineering guidelines and quality control pipeline; perform code reviews.
- Partner with business and technical stakeholders.
- Advocate and advance toward cutting edge engineering practices.
- Apply Agile development best practices and ceremonies.
- Review code to ensure changes are in line with Architecture/Design & best practices
- Own deliverables for Squads/Guild/Fleet (one ore more components)
- Remain aware of Risks and proactively mitigates them
- Display strong front to back ownership of assigned projects & platforClient
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with one of the ETL tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Azure Data Factory.
- 2+ years of experience in Python Unix/Linux scripting.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working on modern data platform like Hadoop, Spark etc. and working knowledge of cloud platforClient like Azure or other cloud platforClient such as Google Cloud, AWS, etc.
- Hands on experience of working on at least two different RDBClient systeClient such as Teradata, DB2 Oracle, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust priorities quickly as circuClienttances dictate and to manage stakeholder’s expectation.
- In depth understanding and experience in data warehouse and architecture design (logical and physical design).
- Experience in running development in Agile framework.
- Proficiency in analytical and reporting tools like Tableau.
- Expert in Git and development workflows.
- Proficiency in Spring, Kafka.
- Experience in designing tool such as DataStage/Erwin.
- Prior experience in Banking and Financial domain.
- Bachelor of Engineering from reputed Engineering college.