As an EE Engineer to support Acute Engineering - the incumbent will have a responsibility of developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the sustaining engineering of our products, to support the core team in solving field issues/manufacturing issues by performing required analysis and testing as required, working towards the closure of SNCs(Supplier Notification for Changes), which involves doing RCA, finding/approving suitable alternate components to an existing electronic component by doing appropriate due diligence(technical/functional specifications comparisons and evaluation, laboratory bench testing etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Core team in finding/approving suitable alternate for an existing electronic component.
- Specification comparisons and analysis of alternate with existing electronic component and preparing Engineering report.
- Support core team by performing in-depth electrical engineering analysis and calculations.
- Support core team by developing schematics and PCB layout.
- Support core team in troubleshooting and problem solving related to electrical aspects of the products and prepare engineering report for the same.
- Develops and maintains an effective and corroborative working relationship with the team.
- Follow instructions and Test protocols with limited guidance from Design engineers during Test execution.
- Support/Own developing and Executing Test Procedures/Functional Requirements testing/Performance testing.
- Perform board bring up and electrical design verification.
- Diagnose, find root cause/Interact with core team to resolve board level design issues.
- Follow QMS, ensure good documentation practices.
- Works with external test houses (such as EMI, EMC tests for electrical boards and full device) to define the test scope, author the test plans, test procedures, execute & consolidate the reports.
- Experience in IEC basic safety, EMI-EMC standards testing.
Qualifications & Key Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 4 to 7 years of experience in electronic circuit design and testing.
- Good knowledge and design experience in electronic components (passives, discrete semiconductors, and integrated circuits).
- Experience in using schematics and PCB layout development tools like Orcad/Altium, Orcad Allegro PCB designer etc.
- Hands on experience in board bring up and board level functional and performance testing.
- Hands on experience in using electronic laboratory test equipment like DMM, Oscilloscope, Power supply etc.
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills. Ability to follow instructions clearly.