Any preferred industry you need the candidate to be from Syndicate Loans Operations, or any Backoffice operation experience will be preferred.
Global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Division Profile Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets. Firmwide Operations Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. SSBO provides utility processing services to Global Operations. By functionalizing processes across segments, SSBO realizes efficiencies through scale, location strategy and adoption of best practices. SSBO provides quality operational core processes at an optimal price point, with maximum benefit to Client business lines. Services currently provided by SSBO include Cash Management, OTC Derivative and Security Settlements, Position Services, Reconciliations, Tax, Network Management and Vendor Management. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations. Global Loan Services The Global Loan Servicing Team (GLS) provides operational support for various Wholesale Loan products including Corporate Loans and Whole Loans. GLS also supports Global Capital Markets (GCM), Loan Products Group (LPG), and Leverage Acquisition Financing (LAF). As an Operational unit, GLS is divided amongst numerous teams that are responsible for the following functions;
• Corporate Loans: Responsibilities consist of origination and syndication of primary loan facilities, servicing agency deals, and facilitation of secondary loan trading. The team is also responsible for supporting transactions for other loan products such as Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs), Total Business Unit/Tier 3 (Optional) | Practice Group/Tier 4 (Optional) Proprietary & Confidential (Optional) | Legal Disclaimer (Optional) Return Swaps(TRS), and Letters of Credit (LCs).
• Whole Loans: Responsibilities include providing front to back operational support to the Securitized Products Group (SPG). Products include Warehouse lending, Residential and Commercial mortgages, consumer loans, and capital commitments.
• Quality Control team performs quality control checks on Primary origination, secondary and warehouse loans. Qualifications 1-3 years loan experience or Operational role experience confident professional, articulate, self-motivated, problem solver, analytical, people person, ability to multitask and manage deadlines, organized, detail oriented Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Quality checks/review of Primary, Secondary and warehouse deals
• Ensuring accurate and efficient entry of loan servicing transactions, such as drawdowns, repayments, prepayments, interest payments, servicing fees, servicing advances, etc.
• Reviewing legal documentation (e.g. credit agreements, fee letters, mortgage notes, service level agreements, etc.) to remediate quality control exceptions.
• Managing stakeholder interaction, both internal and external and Vendor
• Preparing and monitoring key performance and key risk metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
• Reviewing and updating policies and procedures on a periodic basis.
• The ability to establish and build effective working relationships with local and global colleagues. .
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria: - Bachelor’s Degree /Master’s Degree (Economics, Finance, or Business Administration preferred) - 1-3 years’ experience in Operations or Financial Services - Experienced in Loans or Mortgage Servicing operations preferred - Excellent written and verbal communication, particularly in business writing