Indirect Tax - Consultant
Practice: CFO & Enterprise Value, Industry Consulting, Capability Network I Areas of Work: Indirect Tax | Level: Analyst / Consultant | Location: Gurgaon, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad | Years of Exp: 2-7 years
- Provide leading practice on tax processes and blueprint for the clients.
- Interact with clients to gather business tax requirements through multiple workshops.
- Analyze business requirements and identify best practices to implement a technical solution.
- Facilitate design sessions related to tax determination, calculation, recording, reporting and compliance.
- Prepare key deliverables such as design documents, build, test documentation, training materials and administration and procedural guides.
- Assist leaders on day-to-day operations as well as help create assets, points of view and business proposals.
Bring your best skills forward to excel in the role:
- Ability to drive solutions independently
- Adept at Microsoft power point, spreadsheet and power BI applications
- Ability to work with cross streams associated with multiple business processes stakeholders
- Strong writing skills to build point of views on current industry trends
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude to learn quickly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Cross-cultural competence with an ability to thrive in a dynamic consulting environment
Your experience counts!
- MBA from a Tier-1 B-school or CA or CPA
- 2-7 years of work experience preferably in financial areas order to cash, source to pay, record to report with tax relevance
- Strong Hands-on experience in integration and tool implementations in the following platforms:
o Tax Type - VAT, GST, SUT, WHT, Digital Compliance Reporting
o ERP - SAP or Oracle
o Tax Technologies - Vertex O Series, OneSource, SOVOS
o Tax add-on tools - Vertex Accelerator, OneSource Global Next, LCR-Dixon
- In-depth experience in functional configuration or integration of ERPs with external tax technologies to achieve higher automation
- Good experience of working on multiple tax types and business processes knowledge of tax processing
- Good understanding of tax technology landscape, trends and architecture
- Deep experience in transformation project through multiple phases – such as planning, requirement gathering, designing, building, testing and deployment
- Experience in analysis and implementation of tax requirements for indirect taxes (VAT, GST, SUT) and withholding taxes including their integration with supply chain, procurement, purchase-to-pay, record-to-report, order-to-cash, and so on