Java / Scala Developer
Job Description - Equity Trading Systems - Associate
Our systems form a key component of the Equity Trading Systems (ETS) product suite that supports the sales and trading activities of the Institutional Equity Division (IED). Situated in the heart of the firm’s processing plant we handle over 10 million messages per day across 52 global exchanges and serve around 600 users including sales staff on trading desks, client support staff, and an ever growing number of external clients that depend on the allocation services we build. We process flow for over 20 sales and execution systems and over 50 trading desks worldwide (Listed Derivatives, Cash, Programs, Equity Swaps, IPO, and Corporate Coverage).
- You will join the cross-asset client allocation team in Mumbai developing best of breed allocation services for Clients. This is a rare opportunity to work on large scale, highly distributed and mission critical systems.
- You will have an opportunity to design system architectures & work on state of the art technology platform.
- The team uses a variety of technologies including Java, C#, Angular. We leverage MQ, Kafka, Machine Learning, Distributed Caching, DB2/SQL, storage technologies and Spring. The team also actively explores new technologies where they can bring competitive advantage
- You will work closely with traders, strats, global operations and prime brokerage users. In addition, the role also involves working with external vendors and client tech teams.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong Core Java and OO fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Prior experience working in the financial sector
- Electronic trading knowledge: Equities / listed derivatives.
- Knowledge of FIX
- Exposure to queuing, database and caching technologies
- Spring framework awareness.
Top Skill Sets -
- DB DevOps