Responsible for configuration and development of the ServiceNow platform at client, including the ITSM and ITOM modules and the Service Catalog/Portal.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
• Configures and develops the ServiceNow platform based on business requirements. Partners with the ServiceNow Application Architect and business analysts to transform ServiceNow business requirements into a viable solution.
• Implements integrations with other client systems/applications using API, IntegrationHub, and other integration methods
• Manages Update Set creation and migration. Performs code promotion between environments, following the Global IT Change Management process
• Performs unit testing prior to turning the solution over for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Responds to customer issues and requests related to ServiceNow. Troubleshoots reported issues to determine a viable solution. Provides on-call support out of hours when required. Escalates to the vendor when needed.
• Serves as overall subject matter expert for ServiceNow
• Administers and maintains the ServiceNow platform for optimal performance including but not limited to monitoring, upgrades, and access
• Maintain integrity and security of system
• Participates in platform upgrade activities (planning and execution) across multiple instances
• Creates and maintains technical documentation
• At least 3 years of ServiceNow development experience with ServiceNow.
• At least 2 years experience integrating ServiceNow with other systems via APIs and IntegrationHub (spokes)
• Experience with ServiceNow development tools such as workflow, flow designer, business rules, scripts, and Access Control List (ACL) rules
• At least 5 years of overall IT experience, including a thorough understanding of IT infrastructure (Servers, storage, network, Cloud/AWS) and applications
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of business analysis processes and concepts
• Experience working in a global setting
• ServiceNow certification is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Behavior Required:
• Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment that presents ongoing change
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and functionality