This is Work from office opportunity
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Shared Service Banking operations (SSBO) provide utility processing services to Global Operations. By functionalizing processes across segments, SSBO realizes efficiencies through scale, location strategy and adoption of best practices. SSBO provides quality operational core processes at an optimal price point, with maximum benefit to Client business lines. Services currently provided by SSBO include Cash Management, Cash Derivatives and Security Settlements, Position Services, Reconciliations, Tax, Client Reference Data; AML Client & Transaction screening, Network Management and Vendor Management.
Claims team has footprints only in Mumbai, supporting Business, Desk and Operations teams across the global.
Background on the Team
The Cash Settlements team is responsible for the accurate and timely settlement of all OTC Derivative, Foreign Exchange and Commodities cash flows to and from the firm's clients, counterparties and custodians. Additionally, the group performs post settlement reconciliation, fail and break resolution and client support functions. The position requires daily interaction with various clients and broker dealers globally, in addition to Client sales and trading desks, Trade Support, Finance, other Operations groups, and technology teams.
Cash Settlements is divided into several teams by product and function. This offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn the intricacies of a variety of complex products and functions within the larger Settlements team. Each team is responsible for controlling risk by managing relationships with clients and counterparties to ensure that high risk settlements are settled in a timely manner and any post-settlement issues, or discrepancies are identified, escalated appropriately and resolved.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Settlement related functions within the wider Cash Settlements team. The successful candidate is expected to become a Subject Matter Expert in their function and provide support to the Director group.
- Work on day-to-day cash Settlement function (FX)
- Ensuring timely settlement of cash flows and Investigation and resolution of fails
- Analysis of current processes and identification of process/system to increase efficiencies
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Metrics reporting using Excel.
- Ensure timely settlement of cash flows and resolution of fails
- Subject Matter expert for function and product covered within the group
- Ability to think out of the box and work on identification of process/system to increase efficiencies
- Client and Business Unit relationship management
Skills required (essential)
- Experience within Settlements or applicable product related role
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical, organizational, and verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast paced-multi tasking environment
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Flexible working in Shift (Asia or EMEA)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Stakeholder & Desk management skills
- Intuitive thinker who can think and plan ahead
- The ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- 3+ years of experience within Settlements (FX)
- Confirmation and Settlements of FX products like Spot, Swap, FWD and Options
- Knowledge of MT300, MT202, MT103
- Emerging Market and CLS Settlements
- Breaks and Fails investigations
- Knowledge of system like GTSS, MISYS, ALERT etc
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Product knowledge (Equity, Commodities, FID & FX)
- Be able to handle highly confidential information professionally and with appropriate discretion
- Has the ability to effectively handle a fast-paced environment and successfully meet established deadline requirements
- Be self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently