You will develop creative solutions to challenging problems associated with the design of our new and existing infusion system product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess strong technical capabilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on saving and sustaining the lives of patients.
• Defines design requirements and hardware specifications based on customer or user requirements.
• Contributes to the development and documentation of electronic system architectures.
• Develop Power Management, Power Budgeting, cost analysis, power consumptions during different modes of product functioning (Power on/off, Sleep Mode, Standby Mode)
• Excellent knowledge on Altium
• Lead the creation of designs of analog and digital electronic circuit schematics for microcontroller based systems, meeting performance objectives.
• Analyze circuits using calculation and simulation methods to assess performance limits, effects of environmental and load stresses, and timing interfaces to ensure consistent performance in safety critical applications.
• Ensures successful integration of electrical design with mechanical and software elements of the system.
• Completes deliverables related to design of systems and sub-systems of the overall electrical architecture.
• Develops, modifies, and approves electrical design documentation, specifications and drawings.
• Defines appropriate test methods to verify designs meet their performance requirements.
• Mentor the layout of circuit assemblies to meet emissions and immunity performance requirements and design for manufacturability guidelines.
• Transitions products to manufacturing and ensures robust products and manufacturing processes.
• Develops and maintains an effective and corroborative working relationship with internal and external development partners.
• Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
• Implements data acquisition and analysis techniques to characterize design performance
• Executes protocols and testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
• Leads the troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to electrical aspects of devices and associated systems.
• Creates and communicates design/test plans, tasks, deliverables and status. Manages time and resources to meet committed schedule milestones.
• Bachelors or Masters in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 8 to 12 years of relevant experience. Experience in infusion pump is plus.
• Proven track record in electrical/electromechanical hardware development, preferably medical devices or any any other highly regulated products such as military hardware.
• Knowledge and experience in design of embedded microcontroller based electronics products.
• Knowledge of FPGA-based controller design and implementation is added advantage.
• Experience testing of electronic components/devices to meet Safety regulatory requirements e.g. Immunity, emission, partial discharge etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of electronics board layouting using PCB Design software (Altium Designer) to review and guide to PCB designers
• Knowledge of safety regulation standards e.g. IEC 60601, IEC 61010, UL, ANSI and ASTM
• Specific experience in design and development of sensors for sensing subsystems highly desirable.