We are looking for a professional with 8+ years of experience technically proficient and enthusiastic Java developer, with a desire to engineer new and enhance existing components. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have significant experience in application development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. He/she should be self-driven and should be able to guide the squad, product owner and stakeholders through an efficient system design while adopting DevOps and automation for a high quality and timely delivery of medium-to-large-scale, distributed applications.
• Design, code, and implement highly scalable and reliable web-based applications.
• Coordinate with other teams, business and vendors as necessary.
• Deliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and support.
• Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
• Work with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
• Quickly generate and update proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
• Must have professional java experience.
Expertise in: Java (JDK 1.8+) , Ant/Maven/Gradle, Spring Boot Framework, Service Oriented Architecture, Building RESTful (JSON), Consuming RESTful services, Multi-Threading ,Log4j, Jackson, Database design, SQL, JDBC, transaction handling, jUnit test cases
• Proficiency in Kafka messaging framework
• Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
• Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
Good to have Skills
• Experience in Hadoop, Hive, HDFS and spark.
• Experience in Shell scripting
• MQ, Autosys