- Cash Controller scheme in LIC.
- Cash Reconciliation
- Reconciliation of cash account
- Candidate should know on how to reconcile 2 data set together.
- Accounting Background.
- Accumulation of accounting.
- Month End : Preparing regulatory report of cash reconciliation.
- Intellimatch – It’s a system to reconcile cash
Note –HM is not looking for Operations background
Specific key words for this role: 1) Reconciliation 2)Cash breaks 3)Accounting 4)Nostro 5) Intellimatch 6) Excel 7) Marco 8) VBA
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Client franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Client’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Client’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Liquidity, Investments & Funding Controllers (LIFC) are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) Finance organization.
An opportunity exists in the Cash Controllers team, which is responsible for the reconciliation, reporting and analytics of the Firm Cash & Cash Equivalents Balance sheet and P&L. The team is also responsible for analysing and reporting material cash breaks to the Legal Entity Officers or controllers as a part of the risk guardianship roll. Primary clients are Finance Senior Management, Corporate Treasury and the finance teams of the Business Units they fund (Wealth Management, Investment Management and Intuitional Securities Group). The role provides an excellent opportunity to interact with and understand the working of Client’s core businesses and Balance Sheet with exposure to all that is ‘Cash & Cash Equivalents’.
- Responsible for reconciliation and analysis of the cash at bank accounts at a consolidated firm level and legal entity level.
- Responsible for clearing of cash breaks (breaks between books and bank) as well as accurate reporting in the books of accounts at month, quarter and year ends
- Liaising with other controllers/Ops, IT teams to understand the cash breaks and work within strict and stringent timelines to clear the same.
- Attest/assist/verify the ‘Cash & Cash Equivalent’ numbers for various internal and external disclosures and reports.
- Responsible for consolidating daily (during month ends) review packs for global cash controllers.
- Ad hoc management projects will be assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needs
- Strong academic background including a Graduation in Commerce
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong sense of urgency
- Analytical mind set and good problem solving skills
- Risk aware and good guardianship skills
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and controls and make suggestions for improvement
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent degree (specializing in Accounting and Finance)
- Preferred 2-3 years financial experience (Reconciliation Background an advantage)