Job Description: Data Analytics & Data Warehouse developer
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Database/Data Warehouse Data Analytics developer to work at our Bangalore, India location. Ideal candidate will have solid software technology background with capability in the making and supporting of robust, secure, and multi-platform financial applications to contribute to Wealth Management Risk Applications. The successful candidate will be a proficient and productive developer, have good communication skills, and demonstrate ownership.
• Produce service metrics, analyze trends, and identify opportunities to improve the level of service and reduce cost as appropriate.
• Responsible for design, development and maintenance of database schema and objects throughout the lifecycle of the applications.
• Supporting implemented solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance, and communicating functional and technical issues.
• Helping the team by taking care of production releases.
• Troubleshoot data issues and work with data providers for resolution
• Closely work with business and applications teams in implementing the right design and solution for the business applications.
• Build reporting solutions for Risk Management applications
• Work as part of a banking Agile Squad / Fleet.
• Perform proof of concepts in new areas of development.
• Support continuous improvement of automated systems.
• Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation).
• 5-7 Years of strong database/Analytics/ETL (preferably Informatica PowerCenter)/BI design and development experience.
• Strong Skills in SQL, Database (preferably Teradata) including database design, performance tuning, writing complex DB programs etc.
• Should be proficient in scripting (Unix Shell/Python)
• Demonstrate proficient skills in analysis and resolution of application performance problems.
• Experience with Reporting/BI Tools is a plus.
• Experience in driving project end to end, defining milestones, managing business expectation.
• Strong computer science fundamentals; scalable and resilient system design.
• Database fundamentals; relational and NoSQL.
• Ensure designs, code and processes are optimized for performance, scalability, security, reliability and maintainability
• Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements, etc.)
• Provide technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serve as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers
• Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
• Previous experience in working with global teams
• Proven experience in working within an Agile framework
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently and work well in a team
• Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
• Ability and strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, tools and platforms quickly
• Growth mindset, personal excellence, collaborative spirit
Good to have skills
• Prior work experience with Azure or other cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, etc.
• Exposure to programming languages python/R/ java and experience with implementing Data analytics projects
• Expert in Git and development workflows.
• Financial domain experience.
• Exposure to Regulatory Reporting and Credit Risk
• Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required