Responsibilities will include:
Senior Systems Engineer’s role for stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house and 3rd party systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
- Manage all enterprise systems (mostly JAVA and .Net based) and make sure they’re up and running healthy.
- Handle all admins related tasks on different systems i.e. setup accounts, configuration changes, patch management…etc
- Document all configuration and procedure related to systems.
- Needs to work closely with different development teams to design and document a solution for their requirements.
- Define standards and establish processes for systems.
- Determine root cause and defining action plans to prevent future application outages.
- Research and recommend software version, and patch levels for different systems.
- Work closely with different technical support groups, end-users, senior management and vendors.
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology.
- 6+ years’ experience on Middleware i.e. IIS, Tomcat, Apache…etc
- Should have sound knowledge on IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Working knowledge on Microsoft SQL.
- Sound knowledge on multiple operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux…etc
- Flexibility on off-hours and weekends availability.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.