Please find below details:
- Mode of interview – R1 Zoom, R2 in person
- Rounds of interview – 2 Rounds
- Acceptable notice period – Immediate, 15 - 30 days
- 3 days’ work from office is a must and rest 2 days work from home, later basis business needs it can move to all 5 days WFO.
- Hacker Rank test link will be directly shared with the candidate, passing score – 60%.
- Java – 1. 8 and above
- Spring Framework (includes Spring boot)
- Relational Database (Basic concepts and SQLs)
- Junit/Mockito or similar unit testing framework
- Comfort in operating in Linux environment
- Familiarity with DevOps/Source control
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Good written and verbal communication
Good To have skills:
- Restful Webservices
- Java Message Queue
- Spring Batch
- Knowledge of Gradle/Maven
- Unix Shell Scripting
- HR test should to be completed within a week. Failing to do so, profile will be considered as Screen Reject.
- We will not consider any profiles exceeding the submission limit (3 profiles each supplier per req). New submission can be made only once the feedback is shared on the current submittals.
Job Description: Java/Scala Dev
Role: Senior Java Developer
Global Banking Operations and Technology (GBOT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm’s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages, securities based loans and tailored lending. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, GBOT is the place for you.
Position Description The ideal candidate will develop quality software across banking product domains and is proficient with various Object-Oriented development tools and techniques. The individual should be highly experienced with Core Java development, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM Websphere MQ Series and related frameworks, possess good problem solving skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure. The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, develop high quality code and deliver projects. The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high quality applications.
• Responsible for the hands-on design and development of core Java applications as part of the Deposits Agile Squad/Fleet.
• Ensure developed code is in alignment with system architecture and integration design standards; working with an enterprise framework.
• Analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
• Interface with global team of developers and business users.
• Produce proof of concept in the new areas of development.
• Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process.
• Investigate production issues.
• Provide technical support for debugging web applications, database and assistance to production systems.
• The candidate will support continuous improvement of the automated systems. Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation)
• Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
• 5 - 7 years of hands-on professional experience using Core Java 1.8, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM Websphere MQ Series and related frameworks.
• Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development
• Experience in building server-side applications using J2EE Technologies.
• Proficient with database technologies (preferably DB2), including modelling and performance tuning.
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments.
• Experienced with JUnit, Test Driven Development (TDD) using Concordion framework, and Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber and Gherkin.
• Competency with source control (preferably Git) and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
• Practiced understanding of Agile development methodologies & understanding of DevOps Integration • Strong familiarity with Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
• 2+ years’ experience of working with geographically dispersed teams, that fall across different time zones
• The ability to write reusable, optimized, maintainable code that is well documented and follows industry-standard best practices
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, across all stakeholder groups and with staff from junior to senior levels
• Proficiency with Kafka, Websockets, Hazelcast, and in-memory databases.
• Knowledge of Financial markets, lending based products & Wealth Management
• Prior work experience with cloud based applications
• Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.