Division: Fixed Income (FID) Job Title: Consultant - ISD
Location: Mumbai Job Level: Full Time
PQE: 2-5 years
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Client for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Background on the Team
Institutional Securities Documentation (ISD) is a global team based in several locations (including New York, London, Hong Kong, Budapest and Tokyo) and the Mumbai ISD team works closely with the team in various locations. ISD group supports both Institutional Equity and Fixed Income Divisions of Client.
JD FOR LEGAL ROLE - ISD
- Identifying necessary documentation for the clients to trade securities or OTC derivatives and perform related due diligence scans.
- Review and analyze legal documentation to determine capacity and authority to enter into OTC derivatives transactions and repurchase transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate master agreements, amendments to master agreements and work on other derivatives documentation.
- Liaise with clients, external legal counsel and internal stakeholders, like, business units, risk management and other infrastructure groups within the firm (e.g., Operations, Tax, Credit, etc) throughout the negotiation process, including analyzing and presenting negotiation issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Actively participate in global team projects on initiatives such as risk management, regulatory-driven projects, etc. and ensuring timely execution and completion.
- Understanding and adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Update internal systems regarding negotiation status, documentation database, project trackers, etc.
- Handle post-negotiation matters including arranging for signing, coordinating the filing of electronic documents and original documents, dispatching documents to counterparties, etc.
- Law graduate with extensive knowledge and experience in contract drafting and negotiation (experience in financing/derivatives documentation or other complex contracts will be preferred).
- Overseas legal qualification (eg. UK, HK, Singapore, Australia) is advantageous.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; be prepared to speak to clients (internal and external) at all times.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Good team player.
- Willingness and ability to provide quality service to the Firm's clients and to promote and enhance the Client franchise.
- Willingness to work in dynamic environment and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
Client is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.