Division: Fixed Income (FID) Job Title: Consultant - ISD
Location: Mumbai Job Level: Full Time
PQE: 2-5 years
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Client for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Background on the Team
Institutional Securities Documentation (ISD) is a global team based in several locations (including New York, London, Hong Kong, Budapest and Tokyo) and the Mumbai ISD team works closely with the team in various locations. ISD group supports both Institutional Equity and Fixed Income Divisions of Client.
JD FOR PARALEGAL ROLE – ISD
Position within Client’s Institutional Securities Documentation group that supports both Institutional Equity and Fixed Income for a documentation specialist, responsible for assisting with all relationship level trading agreements, including, but not limited to ISDAs, prime brokerage, repurchase agreements, stock loan, confidentiality, listed derivatives and OTC clearing agreements. The team sits within the global Business Control Unit risk management team. As the group sits within risk management, it is also tasked with analyzing and improving Firm processes and identifying internal control gaps. The team is responsible for drafting a variety of agreements in advance of trading, liaising with the negotiation team, managing and building relationships with asset managers and monitoring various risk reports.
- Maintain relationships with key asset managers to streamline documentation and onboarding processes. Client base includes hedge funds, mutual funds, pensions, insurance companies, banks, corporates and money managers.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating amendments to asset manager agreements.
- Reviewing and coordinating the execution of eligible collateral schedules related to various master agreements.
- Work with outside counsel to perfect security interest in certain jurisdictions.
- Monitor risk reports.
- Monitor various exceptions reports and ensuring remediation across a global team.
- Engage with clients to allow for trading with respect to Indian Offshore Derivative Instruments.
- Maintenance of various policies, procedures, risk maps and user’s guides.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Ability and initiative to proactively communicate with senior business unit members as well as clients.
- Manage ad-hoc projects along with day-to-day tasks.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
- Comfortable working in an open floor environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.